Meet Benjamin E. Witmer, Family Law Attorney
Benjamin E. Witmer focuses his practice on family-related legal matters including divorce, spousal and child support, custody and more. He has also successfully represented clients in other areas of law including personal injury, business and corporate matters, civil litigation, collections, foreclosure prosecution and defense, criminal law and creditor rights. Ben’s geographic practice area includes Montgomery, Delaware, Buck, Chester, Berks and Philadelphia Counties of Pennsylvania.
Ben’s exceptional legal advocacy has earned him the recognition of his peers in prestigious publications including Super Lawyers’ Rising Star list in 2012. The Rising Stars List recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 or fewer years, in each state.
Ben is a member of the Pennsylvania and Montgomery County Bar Associations and is admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts in Pennsylvania. He has presented numerous continuing legal education (CLE) seminars to his peers.
In 2002, Ben earned his law and MBA degrees with honors from Temple University’s Beasley School of Law and Fox School of Business. He combines his knowledge from these degrees to prospectively address clients’ issues by mitigating risk. He also provides a unique perspective for clients when ubiquitous fiscal issues arise. When formal litigation is unavoidable and necessary, Ben is a composed and calculating litigator, responding in a cost-efficient manner, often using a cost-benefit thought process as important driving factor in the decision making process.
Prior to joining the legal profession, Ben graduated magna cum laude from West Chester University with Mathematics and Secondary Education degrees. He taught high school mathematics in Montgomery County, PA before earning his law and business degrees. Ben also brings personal experience to his family law practice in particular, as a father to his teenage daughter, Ella and his preteen son, Jake.
- Juris Doctorate, Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Master of Business Administration, Temple University Fox School of Business
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics, West Chester University
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education, West Chester University
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers’ Rising Star list in 2012
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State and Federal Courts in Pennsylvania
- United States Federal District Court
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Collection Law and Bankruptcy Law
- Collection Law, Debtors, Assets & Judgments
- Collection Law from Start to Finish
- Collection Law Tips and Strategies
- Nuts and Bolts of Collection Law
- Numerous seminars for local community organizations regarding estate planning and other topics of interest
- Coaching recreational and travel baseball for the Upper Providence Little League for five (5) years to date, and recreational league softball for three (3) years.
- Coaching youth football for the Spring-Ford Youth Football Program for five (5) years, with his youth football team remaining undefeated since formed through its first two (2) full seasons, and up to the present in the teams third, and current season.
- Coaching recreational youth boys and girls basketball with the Spring-Ford Youth Basketball League for five (5) years to the present.
- Active supporter of various non-profit organizations including SPCA, Justice Rescue and the Morris Animal Shelter, seeking to rescue and rehabilitate abused and neglected animals and place them in loving homes.