The decision to pursue adoption and expand your family is exciting and emotional. You need to navigate deciding which form of adoption may be right for you. Do you want to go domestic or find a child internationally? Do you want to adopt from the private sector or via a public agency? No matter what you decide, we are here to lend a compassionate ear and legal expertise to help.
At our consultation, we can provide you with the resources you need to begin the adoption process. We have a list of approved agencies whom have great reputations and have worked with our firm and other prior client families. We can also assist in helping you obtain the necessary clearances and background checks, which are a prerequisite to becoming adoptive parents.
Most importantly, when it comes time to legalize your adoption and welcome that special child into your home and life, we ensure the process is complete by filing all necessary court petitions and documents.
Many clients come to us with a swirl of questions. Having an attorney on your side can help provide clarity and guidance.
Here are the main benefits to hiring an adoption attorney:
- An attorney can provide an unbiased explanation of your adoption method choices, offer supportive resources and help develop a legally secure plan that makes your family feel comfortable.
- An attorney can explain your rights and the adoption laws in a language you can understand, without all the legal jargon.
- An attorney can help you assess the the risks involved, the costs, proper termination of the birth parents’ rights and formal finalization.
- An adoption attorney can be your liaison to any adoption agency you may decide to work with, reviewing contracts and forms.
- An attorney can explain your options related to Pennsylvania’s Act 101, the closest thing our state has to “open adoption.”
If you are thinking of beginning the adoption process, contact our office today to schedule your initial consultation.