Highlands Ranch Child Custody Lawyer
Effectively Fighting for Your Best Interests
The process for determining child custody is often the most stressful and emotional part of a divorce. While it is always possible to regain material items and lost assets, you can never recover lost time with your children. The child custody lawyers at Petrelli Previtera, LLC we have the knowledge, experience, and compassion to proficiently guide you through the child custody process. Our best child custody lawyer in Denver Metro use their extensive experience and success in handling child custody cases to inform and assist you through one of the most difficult processes you will ever face.
Why Choose Us?
- An Inc. 5000 firm
- We provide consistent, reliable, and honest communication at every stage of your case.
- Our track record speaks volumes of our expertise and dedication to seek favorable outcomes for our clients. We’ve won several hundred divorce cases and are looking to add yours to this impressive collection.
- We don’t over-promise and under-deliver. When we say we’ll get you the compensation that you rightfully deserve, we mean it.
- Our local experience is unmatched. We know the ins and outs of the Douglas County court system and have a warm relationship with the judges. This gives us a huge advantage in the pursuit of justice for our Highlands Ranch divorce clients.
- Our law office is conveniently located at 1745 Shea Center Drive, Suite 400, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129.
The Best Interest of the Child
Child custody is complicated, whether it be related to separation, divorce, child abuse allegations, domestic violence, or relocation. When the Colorado
courts determine who gets custody of a child, they typically look at a variety of factors and they always prioritize the best interests of the child above all else.
The courts generally take the following factors, and more, into account:
- The childcare plans and work schedule of both parents
- Which parent has acted as the primary caretaker of the child
- The safety and quality of each parent’s environment at home
- If there has been a history of domestic violence within the family
- Either parent’s ability to cooperate or co-parent efficiently with the other parent
- If the child is deemed mature enough, which parent the child would like to live with
- The child’s relationship with other family members, such as siblings and grandparents
- The mental and physical health of both parents, including their drug and alcohol consumption
- The perceived parenting abilities of both parents, including their overall weaknesses and strengths
Colorado Child Custody Law – Sole & Joint Custody
The state of Colorado prefers to use the term “parental responsibilities” rather than “custody”. Parental responsibilities refer to the responsibilities and rights. The allocation of parental responsibilities is what occurs when the judge makes a decision regarding a parent’s parental responsibilities. This allocation determines which parent will be the decision-maker for the child and how much parenting time each parent will have with the child.
Speak with Your Highlands Ranch Child Custody Attorney
When facing a child custody determination, you need a skilled and experienced custody attorney on your side to ensure your rights and best interests are fully protected. Backed by more than 30 years of combined legal experience we can help you get the results you need. Timing can often be crucial in a child custody case so don’t wait!
Get in touch with the best child custody lawyer in Denver County, dial (303) 416-7086 now for consultation.