The decision to end a marriage is a difficult one, but skilled representation from a high-caliber divorce attorney can mean the difference between a fresh start and a problem that lingers for years.
Here at Petrelli Previtera, we understand just how messy and emotional divorces can get. That’s why we solely focus on attaining the best results for our clients rather than pointing fingers. No matter the complexity of your divorce situation, our Highlands Ranch divorce lawyers will strive to help you build a strong foundation for the next chapter of your life.
Why Choose Us?
- An Inc. 5000 firm
- We provide consistent, reliable, and honest communication at every stage of your case.
- Our track record speaks volumes of our expertise and dedication to seek favorable outcomes for our clients. We’ve won several hundred divorce cases and are looking to add yours to this impressive collection.
- We don’t over-promise and under-deliver. When we say we’ll get you the compensation that you rightfully deserve, we mean it.
- Our local experience is unmatched. We know the ins and outs of the Douglas County court system and have a warm relationship with the judges. This gives us a huge advantage in the pursuit of justice for our Highlands Ranch divorce clients.
- Our law office is conveniently located at 1745 Shea Center Drive, Suite 400, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129.
To initiate your divorce proceedings, feel free to get in touch with Petrelli Previtera at (303) 416-7086. We’re always available for same-day consultation.
Putting Our Clients’ Needs First
It’s easy to get lost in the confusion and emotional maze that divorce brings. But the feelings of denial, depression, bargaining, and anger won’t mend a tattered marriage. Neither will they put food on the table or a roof over your head.
At Petrelli Previtera, we provide the sobriety, calmness, and level-headedness you need to navigate this difficult time. To us, every divorce case is unique, which means we’ll take our time to understand the gist of your situation before proposing a solution. And we won’t rest until we find one that works for you.
Our Highlands Ranch divorce lawyers believe that divorce doesn’t have to dismantle that which you’ve taken years to build. We believe that it can act as a springboard to a new, better phase of your life.
Part of our client-centered approach to divorce tussles involves creating a custom plan for related issues of:
We also offer skilled representation and legal guidance on other divorce-related issues, including:
Irrespective of your family law case, trust our Highlands Ranch divorce lawyers to bring home the big prize: a decision that’ll favor both you and your loved ones.
The Divorce Laws in Highlands Ranch, CO: The Fine Print
Residency Requirements for Divorce
The state requires that either spouse be a Colorado resident for at least 91 days prior to filing for divorce in order to be eligible.
The Waiting Period
No matter how fast you want to resolve your divorce, Colorado has a 91-day waiting period for a divorce to be finalized after your initial petition is filed. Typically though, this period could take anywhere from six to twelve months, depending on the complexity of the case. If at all you’re dealing with a contested divorce, expect your case to take even longer.
Like many other states, Colorado is a “no-fault” state for divorce. That simply means you and your soon-to-be-ex don’t have to show a reason for wanting to divorce. In Highlands Ranch, CO, a couple seeking divorce only has to claim that the marriage is “irretrievably broken” (meaning the relationship is on its deathbed and can’t be salvaged).
Issues That the Court Can Decide On
In Highlands Ranch, the court has the legal authority to decide on several divorce issues, including:
- Division of assets, property, and debts of each spouse
- The duration and amount of spousal support
- Child custody and child support orders
Going Through the Divorce Process
If you live in Highlands Ranch, CO, there are quite a few steps on your path to obtaining a successful divorce. These include:
- Filing the initial divorce petition
- Reviewing all the divorce documents from the court
- Personal service and proof of service
- Completing all the necessary divorce forms
- First appearance before the court, otherwise known as the initial status conference
- Divorce mediation
- Final divorce hearing
- Dissolution of marriage
Highlands Ranch Divorce Lawyer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I am Considering a Divorce. Should I Hire an Attorney?
The outcome of a divorce will mean some serious changes—to your finances, your home, and your relationship with your children—that can affect the rest of your life. Only a skilled and experienced Highlands Ranch divorce lawyer can inform you of your rights as well as the opportunities and risks associated with getting divorced.
Can I Be Ordered to Pay for My Kid’s College in My Highlands Ranch Divorce?
I Was Served With Divorce Papers. Do I Have to Move out of the Shared House?
Can I Really Be Divorced 91 Days After I File?
Get Award-Winning Highlands Ranch Divorce Lawyers In Your Corner
When you’re facing a nasty divorce battle and your future is on the line, you need an attorney who’ll bring their A-game to every aspect of your case. You need a Highlands Ranch divorce lawyer who’s got your best interests at heart—one who’ll stop at nothing to get you your rightful compensation. Our firm has continually been recognized as one of the top law firms in Colorado, meaning we’re extremely good at what we do. Some of the accolades that Thomas Petrelli Jr. and his team have garnered in the recent past include:
- Inc. 500 2019 & 2020 Honoree
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Gold Client Champion 2017 Award
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- The Nation Advocates Top 100 Lawyers
As part of our mission to serve our clients with utmost dexterity, we continually look to add new talent to our family law bench.
Highlands Ranch Divorce Lawyers You Can Count On
Our legal team has decades of combined experience in handling divorce, custody, and family law cases. You give us confidence, and we give you the peace of mind and the outcome you’re looking for. Want to start the next phase of your life on the right foot? Give us a call today at (303) 416-7086 or schedule a video consultation with one of our live agents. Our Highlands Ranch divorce attorneys serve all of Douglas County and clients throughout Denver, Jefferson, Arapaho, and Golden. Bringing clarity out of divorce chaos is what we do best!