Top Family Law Attorneys in Langhorne, PA – Bucks County
Divorce is a major turning point in a family’s life, but it can lead to a better tomorrow. If it’s happening to you, you’re likely wondering what to do next and what the future will hold. With the help of the right law firm, you can navigate the process as efficiently and smoothly as possible. You’ve come to the right place.
Petrelli Previtera is a top divorce and family law firm that serves individuals in Langhorne, PA and the greater Bucks County area. We focus on our client’s needs and goals for the future throughout the divorce process. With our guidance and representation, you’ll have peace of mind for the next chapter of your life.
Here are a few more reasons to choose Petrelli Previtera:
- Compassion, integrity, and level-headedness are the pillars of our law firm.
- Petrelli Previtera is an Inc. 5000 firm. This achievement affirms our position among the fastest-growing legal companies in Pennsylvania and beyond.
- Our lawyers are dedicated to achieving the best possible results for our clients. Your divorce or family law dispute will receive our maximum attention.
- Divorce is not a one-size-fits-all process. Our services and goals are customized to your unique needs.
- Family law is what we do best.Our Bucks County attorneys have many years of family law experience. We have a proven track record of success.
- Whether it’s an amicable negotiation or complex litigation, our attorneys have the knowledge and fearlessness to resolve your dispute.
Bucks County, Pennsylvania Divorce Law
Divorcing spouses in Pennsylvania must divide their property based on the principles of equitable distribution. However, equitable division is not always an equal division. The court will divide property between spouses how it deems fair. At Petrelli Previtera, our divorce attorneys ensure our clients’ best interests are at the forefront of negotiations. When a client faces a contested divorce, our seasoned litigators methodically navigate the complexities of the process and work tirelessly to achieve the best result possible.
Our Clients’ Needs Are Our Primary Focus
Beyond our dedication to fairly dividing assets, our attorneys can also create a plan for all other related issues surrounding the divorce. These include alimony, child custody, child support, and more.
There is much at stake when you’re divorcing and have children. If you and your spouse cannot agree on how to allocate custody and visitation, a judge will. In most states, the judge awards custody to the parent who can meet the “best interests of the child.” With a thorough understanding of your needs, our attorneys can properly negotiate the child custody portion of your divorce.
While you do not need a lawyer for child support in Pennsylvania, having legal representation can have a huge impact on the result. Pennsylvania courts determine child support using a variety of factors, such as the needs of the children, their standard of living before the divorce, each parent’s income and ability to pay, and others. Our experienced attorneys can help ensure that child support is correctly calculated and fair.
Petrelli Previtera’s Practice Areas
There is more to divorce than dividing assets. Here are our firm’s practice areas in Bucks County, PA family law:
- Divorce: Whether you’re filing for divorce or you have been served divorce papers, dissolving a marriage is a complicated and emotional process. We are experienced in both uncontested and contested divorce and can protect your rights.
- Child Custody: When you retain us, our focus will be on your child’s best interests. If a court hearing is necessary, our attorneys will relentlessly advocate for your custody or visitation rights. We can also help you create a comprehensive parental plan outside of the courtroom.
- Child Support: We’ll ensure that your children have the support they need and that you do not pay more than necessary to support your children.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: We can draft a document to protect your assets in the event of a divorce down the road.
- Spousal Support: Our experienced family law attorneys understand the nuances and legal criteria that might come into play regarding spousal support. We work to establish a fair and workable agreement.
- Adoption: Our family law attorneys can fight for your interests if you wish to adopt a child or if you are a biological parent. We provide legal advice that is both practical and compassionate, and we’ll also help you navigate the complex adoption process.
- Court Order Modification: When your circumstances change, you can request the court to terminate or modify alimony, child support, or child custody order. We can help you complete your petition and present your case to the court.
Top Questions We Receive About Divorce in Langhorne, PA
After I’ve filed for divorce, how long until resolution?
Under normal circumstances, you should be prepared for a divorce process that will last 6 to 18 months. In general, though, a court cannot grant a divorce until 60 days after the divorce petition was filed and until 20 days after the other party was properly served.
How much money does divorce cost in Pennsylvania?
The cost of a divorce depends on a host of factors, including the willingness of both parties to work together towards an out-of-court solution. Contested divorces often result in attorney involvement, court appearances, and more time to resolve the issues.
Do mothers typically receive custody of the children in Langhorne and Bucks County?
No. Mothers and fathers are viewed as equally capable of being breadwinners and participating in child-rearing duties. As such, courts no longer take a biased approach when awarding custody. They typically base their decisions on the best interests of the child. If joint custody is off the table, they look for the parent who’ll ensure the child gets the best preparation possible for their adult life.
Should I get a prenuptial agreement?
A prenuptial agreement is never a bad idea. If you have assets that you want to protect, you should consider creating a prenup to help clarify your financial terms and what you expect in the future. The most important thing to keep in mind is having open communication with your spouse if a prenuptial agreement is something you want.
Get Answers from a High-caliber Legal Team
At Petrelli Previtera, our attorneys are both excellent divorce litigators and skilled negotiators. When you choose our firm, you are choosing representation by some of the best divorce attorneys in the country. Most importantly, you are choosing to take on the next chapter of your life with clarity, confidence, and character.
If you’re facing divorce, schedule a consultation with one of our Langhorne, PA attorneys today. We will listen to your story, discuss all your legal options, and work with you to identify the best strategy for your situation. Start working toward a better future today by speaking with a member of our team.