Meet with A Skilled Family Law Attorney in Norristown
Getting Divorced? Find Answers with Your Family Law Attorneys in Norristown, PA
Life-changing events like divorce can take an emotional, psychological, and physical toll on everyone involved. Family members may struggle to maintain stability in their day-to-day lives while dealing with the legal and financial consequences of the dissolution of a relationship. During times like these, a family law attorney can help.
At Petrelli Previtera, LLC, we understand just how difficult it is to navigate legal issues involving people you hold dear. You don’t have to fight this battle alone. Our award-winning Norristown family law attorneys are ready to provide you with strong, decisive, and compassionate counsel. With us in your corner, we know that you’ll successfully wither this legal storm and come out stronger.
Our Norristown, PA law office is located in Montgomery County
516 DeKalb Street
Norristown, PA 19401
Why Choose Us?
- An 5000 firm
- We support and protect you through your family law tussle with as little stress as possible.
- We are always looking out for you. Always there when you need us. No excuses.
- We give you timely, high-quality legal advice when you need it.
- Our family law attorneys in Norristown have decades of experience in a wide range of family law matters.
- We treat you as a real human with real problems that deserve close attention, careful deliberation, and unerring resolution.
- Our track record in family law matters is hard to dispute and even harder to match. We’ve successfully protected the rights and interests of Norristown residents just like you in their divorce and family law tussles for years now, and we can’t wait to add yours to this impressive list.
To get the legal assistance you need, feel free to schedule an online consultation with one of our team members. The best time to seek legal assistance for your family matter was yesterday; the second-best time is today. Act now.
Putting Our Clients’ Needs First
No family is immune to disagreements. That’s just the reality of life. While some of these disagreements can be resolved behind closed doors, others inevitably require the intervention of the court and the law in general. If your family is in that position, you might want to lean on a law firm that needs your needs first. Petrelli Previtera is that firm.
We understand that family law cases can be overwhelming, which is why we strive to handle all the complicated legal matters so you and your loved ones can focus on what matters most—your future. During the initial consultation, we’ll start by listening to any goals, needs, and expectations you might have. Then, using the information at our disposal, we’ll create a unique legal plan that caters to your specific issues and interests.
When you call upon us for help, we will immediately swing into action. From the moment you contact us until your family law matter is fully resolved, we’ll be right by your side, providing personalized care and support—just the way you want it.
We handle all matters related to divorce and family law, including (but not limited to):
- Divorce: Even if you and your spouse amicably agree to end your union, you might have differing views about child custody, child support, asset division, and many other aspects of dividing a household. Our experienced Norristown divorce attorneys can guide you through each one of these contentious divorce
- Child custody: The process of determining a custody and visitation schedule can be an emotional one. If parents cannot agree on what’s best for the child, the court has to make that decision. We can help you negotiate a resolution if possible or litigate the issue if necessary.
- Child support: We can help ensure that the correct child support obligation is established and collected.
- Adoption: We can help ensure that welcoming a child into your family remains an exciting, joyful time. Our team is by your side, from filing paperwork to attending court hearings, so you can focus on growing your family.
- Asset division: We help clients divide marital assets fairly, including real estate property, stock options, retirement assets, and other such assets.
- Spousal Support/Alimony: Our skilled Norristown family attorneys can help determine how much alimony is owed and how long spousal support will be provided, given the length of the marriage.
Our team at Petrelli Previtera can also give you and your spouse legal advice about:
No matter the scope or complexity of your family law case, our family law attorneys in Norristown are well prepared to help you achieve the outcome you need and deserve. Get in touch with us today to get started.
Norristown Family Laws:
Pennsylvania, like most other states, is primarily a “no-fault” divorce state. A no-fault divorce allows couples to achieve divorce without alleging that either spouse is specifically at fault for the breakdown of the marriage.
Usually, a no-fault divorce is a divorce by mutual consent, meaning you and your spouse amicably agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken. This type of divorce requires a 90-day waiting period before the court can grant the divorce. Otherwise, if one of you does not consent, the court will grant a no-fault divorce if you continuously live separately and apart for at least one year.
Long-standing law in Pennsylvania is that the most important consideration when determining custody is the “best interest of the child.” To determine the child’s best interests, the court must look at all factors that legitimately impact the child physically, spiritually, morally, and intellectually.
The court will take many factors into account to make this determination, including but not limited to the child’s preference, custody arrangements of a sibling, which party has typically been the primary caretaker, etc.
Courts determine child support amounts using child support guidelines established by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Factors such as the cost of medical insurance, each parent’s income, and daycare expenses come into play here. The support amount that you and your spouse remit will be automatically reviewed by a judge every four years.
Pennsylvania equitably distributes marital property and debts between divorcing parties. This means that, while the division might not be equal, it is fair based on a number of factors. These factors include (but are not limited to):
- How long the marriage has lasted
- The fault grounds for the divorce
- The value of the property set apart for each party
- The contribution of one party to the education or other increased earning power of the other party
- Living conditions following the divorce
- Whether either party will be serving as custodian of the parties’ minor children
Whether you need assistance with child custody or complex asset division, our Norristown family law attorneys can help. Get in touch with us today.
Norristown Family Law Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Pennsylvania a Community Property State?
No. Pennsylvania is considered an “equitable distribution” state.
How are Debts Divided in a Norristown PA Divorce?
In Norristown, PA, debts accumulated over the course of the marriage are divided in the same fashion as marital property. This means they are split in an equitable manner (not necessarily 50/50), depending upon the facts of your specific situation.
Is Co-Parenting an Option in Norristown?
Yes. In fact, it’s greatly encouraged by the courts in Norristown. If co-parenting sounds like a viable option for you, you’ll want to work closely with an experienced family law attorney to create an exhaustive parenting plan.
Can I Move Out Of State With My Child After a Divorce?
No. Pennsylvania law bars relocation unless either or both parents consent or the court reviews and approves the relocation. Pennsylvania requires the parent wishing to relocate to notify the other parent by certified mail at least 60 days before the move. You must submit this same notification to the court along with the proper paperwork to request a modification to your custody schedule.
How Do I Get a Protection Order for Domestic Violence?
You may petition the court for protection from abuse (PFA) order in the state of Pennsylvania if you’ve been a victim of domestic violence. Your attorney can help you present evidence to the judge to get your order granted and seek other protective measures where necessary.
Get Support From An Award-Winning Law Firm
Our Norristown family law attorneys pride themselves on being a little more compassionate, a little more dexterous, and a little more attentive to details. When you come to us for help, you can rest assured that you’ll work with the best attorneys this side of Pennsylvania, and the multiple awards we’ve garnered over the years are testament enough.
For three years running (2019, 2020 & 2021), Petrelli Previtera has appeared in the Inc. 5000 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. If anything, this accolade reflects our commitment to supporting our clients in a way only an award-winning firm can. Nothing satisfies us more than seeing you reach the other side of your family tussle with character, confidence, and clarity.
Need More Answers To Your Family Law Questions? We Have Them.
We get it. You’re going through a very difficult time in your life, and the last thing you want is a law firm that doesn’t give you answers when you need them most. We’re different. Our family law attorneys in Norristown are accustomed to providing effective answers to any divorce or family-related questions thrown at them. When a family crisis threatens to bring down the very foundation of your and your loved ones’ lives, you can count on us to bring our A-game to your particular situation. To set your case in motion, contact us today at (610) 924-2870 or schedule a video consultation with one of our lawyers online. The journey towards a happier, better, more fulfilling chapter of your life starts now!