Burlington County, New Jersey, is not only a place of suburban comfort and vibrant city life, but it’s also an ideal place to call home. With a population of 461,860 people, this county offers a welcoming community and a safe environment. The public schools in Burlington County are highly rated, providing excellent education opportunities for residents. Moreover, there are plenty of job opportunities available in the area, making it a great place to build a career. With convenient access to Philadelphia and a manageable commute to the coast, Burlington County offers the best of both worlds. Come experience the nice vibe and all that this county has to offer – it’s truly a place to call home.
Burlington County is home to a variety of thriving cities and communities, including:
- Burlington City
- Mount Laurel
Our Services in Burlington County
When family law matters arise in Burlington County, residents here understand the importance of having dedicated legal representation that understands the local values and culture. At Petrelli Previtera, LLC, we are proud to extend our family law services to the residents of Burlington County. Our attorneys are committed to serving the families of this unique community with the expertise, compassion, and personalized attention they deserve.
Our family law firm assists clients in a wide range of family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, asset division, spousal maintenance, and more. We understand that these issues can be emotionally charged and overwhelming, and the decisions made in such cases can have a lasting impact on your future and the well-being of your children.
The Role of Our Attorneys in Family Law Matters
When it comes to divorce, our attorneys will guide you through the process, protecting your interests and helping you achieve a fair resolution. We offer valuable advice on matters such as property division, spousal support, and other relevant concerns to ensure your financial stability post-divorce.
Best Interests of Your Children:
In child custody disputes, we prioritize the best interests of your children. Our attorneys navigate the complexities of custody laws, advocating for a solution that upholds your parental rights and fosters a healthy, nurturing environment for your child.
Fair Calculation of Child Support:
Child support is a crucial aspect that ensures the well-being of the child. Our team ensures a fair calculation of child support payments, considering factors such as income, childcare expenses, and the specific needs of the child.
Equitable Division of Assets:
When it comes to asset division, we strive to ensure an equitable distribution of marital property. This involves a comprehensive analysis of all assets and debts, ranging from real estate and investments to pensions and business holdings.
Financial Well-being of Both Parties:
In cases involving spousal maintenance, our attorneys work to establish an arrangement that ensures the financial well-being of both parties. We take into account factors such as the duration of the marriage, earning capacities, and the standard of living during the marriage to arrive at a reasonable agreement.
Adoption is another area where our expertise is invaluable. We navigate the intricate legal procedures and paperwork involved in adoption, ensuring a smooth transition for you and your new family member. We provide assistance in all types of adoption, including domestic, international, step-parent, and foster care adoptions.
Protecting Your Assets:
Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements often serve as the foundation of financial understanding in marriages. Our attorneys help in drafting robust prenuptial agreements that clearly define the property and financial rights of each party, safeguarding your assets and simplifying property division in the event of a divorce. For postnuptial agreements, we assist clients in amending or establishing agreements that address changes in financial status, inheritance, and other significant circumstances. We ensure your postnuptial agreement is crafted to provide financial clarity and security, while also meeting the legal requirements of enforceability.
At Petrelli Previtera, LLC, we are dedicated to providing reliable legal assistance tailored to the needs of Burlington County’s distinct community. We offer answers, guidance, and peace of mind during initial consultations, and we strive to create positive overall experiences, even during complex family law cases.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a divorce take in Burlington County, New Jersey?
The length of the divorce process in Burlington County, New Jersey varies based on case complexity and party agreement. Uncontested divorces can be finalized in a few months, while contested divorces may take longer, potentially extending to a year or more. Factors such as court and attorney schedules, as well as the parties’ willingness to negotiate, can influence timelines.
Where is the family law courthouse located in Burlington County, New Jersey?
The Burlington County Courthouse, where family law matters are handled, is located at Burlington County Court Facility
49 Rancocas Road
Mount Holly, New Jersey 08060.
Are there any specific family laws or processes in Burlington County, New Jersey?
Yes, like all of New Jersey, Burlington County follows state guidelines for family law matters. However, each county may have specific local rules or procedures for handling family law cases. It’s always best to consult with a local attorney who is familiar with the local courts and processes.
What Burlington County Is Known For?
- Burlington County has a rich historical heritage dating back to its founding in 1694. Burlington City, the county seat, stands as a testament to this history, with its well-preserved 18th-century architecture and cobblestone streets. The city offers a unique blend of historical sites, boutique shops, and waterfront views along the Delaware River.
- Beyond its historical significance, Burlington County is renowned for its family-friendly communities. Mount Laurel, often ranked as one of the best places to live in New Jersey, boasts excellent schools, parks, and recreational opportunities. Medford, a charming town nestled amidst lush forests, offers a tranquil escape for nature enthusiasts.
- The county is also home to numerous parks, forests, and natural attractions, making it a haven for outdoor activities. Residents have access to hiking trails, boating, fishing, and more, ensuring there’s always something to enjoy in the great outdoors.
- Burlington County’s diverse neighborhoods, historical richness, and proximity to urban centers make it a highly desirable place to call home.
Can you file for a divorce or family law suit online in Burlington County, New Jersey?
Yes, New Jersey offers an online system for filing divorce complaints and other family law documents. The New Jersey Courts website provides access to the eCourts system, where you can initiate and manage your case electronically.
How is child custody determined in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, child custody is determined based on the child’s best interests. The court takes into account various factors, including the child’s age, physical and mental health, the parents’ ability to provide for the child’s needs, the stability of each parent’s home, and the child’s relationship with each parent, among other considerations.
How is property divided in a divorce in New Jersey?
New Jersey is an equitable distribution state, meaning that marital property is divided fairly, but not necessarily equally, between the spouses. The court considers various factors, such as the length of the marriage, each spouse’s contributions, and the financial circumstances of each party when determining the division of assets and debts.
How long do you have to be separated before you can file for divorce in New Jersey?
In New Jersey, there is no mandatory separation period before you can file for divorce. However, you must have grounds for divorce, which can include irreconcilable differences if you have been living separately and apart for at least six months before filing.
Choosing the Right Attorney
Selecting the right attorney is crucial for the success of your family law case. When you choose Petrelli Previtera, LLC, you’re choosing a team of legal professionals dedicated to your well-being and the well-being of your family. Our attorneys are skilled advocates and compassionate partners who will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
- Our team of family law attorneys in New Jersey has extensive knowledge and understanding of the state’s laws and procedures regarding divorce, child custody, and property division.
- We provide personalized and compassionate legal representation, taking the time to understand each client’s unique situation and goals.
- Our team is dedicated to finding amicable solutions whenever possible, but we are also prepared to aggressively advocate for our clients’ rights in court if necessary.
- We offer affordable and transparent pricing, with no hidden fees or surprises. We understand the financial strain that divorce can bring, and we strive to provide cost-effective solutions for our clients.
- Our team is committed to providing reliable and responsive support throughout the entire legal process, keeping our clients informed and involved every step of the way.
- We have a proven track record of successful outcomes for our clients, helping them navigate through even the most complex and contentious cases with skill and determination.
- A team of dedicated legal professionals with a track record of achieving positive outcomes.
Our Legal Team
At Petrelli Previtera, LLC, our strength lies in the unwavering commitment of our legal professionals. With a team of dedicated New Jersey attorneys who deeply understand the state’s intricate legal landscape, we diligently serve the best interests of our clients. Our strong local reputation within the community comes from over a decade of working across the state, with offices in Atlanta, County, Mercer County, and Morris County to serve our clients.
If you’re facing a family law issue in Burlington County, please contact us. We are here to provide you with the legal support you need to navigate the complexities of your case.
We invite you to take the first step in protecting your family by scheduling a consultation with one of our team members today. Why leave your future to chance when you can secure it today? Contact us at (866) 465-5395 or schedule an appointment.