Skip to main content
(866) 465-5395 Schedule a Consultation (866) 465-5395 Schedule a Consultation

In the Event of an Order Violation, Find Out What to Do

| |

family lawBy the time the dust settles in a divorce case involving a family, there are often several court orders that are in place that need to be abide by. When those named in a court order refuse to comply with the terms, they can potentially face fines and jail time. The even bigger consequence for many is how such a charge might affect their relationship with their children and their rights to spend time with them.

At Petrelli Previtera, LLC, our lawyers and staff work hard to help those who are having trouble with an order violation and will work with both people to assure their child custody orders and property settlement agreements are filed properly. The necessary modifications can be made in order to continue to serve the best interests of any children involved, and see to it that payments are being made as they should.

Child Custody Orders

Child custody orders are among the most violated court orders. Rather than heading back to their lawyer and asking for help in getting the proper time with their kids, some erroneously try to take matters into their own hands. While fines and jail are a possibility, most of the time the person who violated a custody order is probably facing court-ordered changes in custody arrangements.

The court considers it an equally serious matter when a parent keeps their child away from the other parent when financial support is not provided. Unapproved changes to a parenting plan can potentially reduce the time a parent is able to spend with their child. If a schedule change is needed, it is best to go back to court and get a different order.

Violation Of The Property Settlement Agreement

Oftentimes, before the ink is dry on your property settlement agreement, one party does not fulfill their end of the bargain. Whether it is refusing to sell the former marital home, return marital items, or make a lump sum payment, violation of this contract is taken seriously. Petrelli Previtera, LLC understands the importance of ensuring both parties abide by the terms of the agreement. We include specific language in our settlement agreements to ensure that if the breaching party fails to comply with the agreement, not only will they be held in contempt, but they will be responsible for the innocent party’s attorney fees. Call Petrelli Previtera, LLC for legal advice.

If you are having trouble with an order violation after your divorce, contact Petrelli Previtera, LLC for a consultation. Call us at 866-465-5395 to schedule an appointment today.

Client Testimonials

Here's what our clients have to say about working with us. Please note, results may vary based on individual circumstances.

Melinda Previtera, Esq. came highly recommended to our family. Her knowledge base, professionalism, and compassion paved the way for a successful outcome. Melinda is efficient, detailed, and informative. She helps manage expectations, and postures her client for a fair and equitable result. We are happy to recommend Melinda!

Jennifer A.

My experience was very good. Everyone was professional and attentive to my needs, keeping me updated every step of the way. I couldn’t ask for a better result, highly recommended.

David R.

My marriage life has been a hell for me for the past four years until I decided to put an end to what has to be ended. Choosing a lawyer was another additional stressful part of the long process. I’m so glad that I’ve found the right one for me at Petrelli Previtera. Life isn’t always fair, but at least having her in my corner, felt even better. I couldn’t recommend her highly enough!

Caitlin B.

Serving Clients at the Following Locations

Bethesda4800 Hampden Lane, Suite 200 Bethesda MD 20814(301) 234-7409view details
Maryland5425 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase, MD 20815(301) 889-8085view details
ChicagoTwo Prudential Plaza 180 North Stetson Suite 3500 Chicago, IL 60601(312) 252-2085view details
Schaumburg1750 E. Golf Rd, Suite 382 Schaumburg, IL 60173(630) 491-9670view details
Texas500 W 2nd St Suite 1900 Austin, TX 78701(512) 883-1684view details
Washington DC1717 K Street NW, Suite 900 Washington DC 20006(202) 519-0366view details
Denver7900 E. Union Ave. Suite 1100, Denver, CO 80237(720) 821-6440view details
Princeton475 Wall St, Suite 214, Princeton, NJ 08540 Meeting Location: By Appointment Only (609) 917 9560 view details
Linwood210 New Road #15 Linwood, NJ 08221 Meeting Location: By Appointment Only (609) 375-0351 view details
Parsippany8 Campus Dr, Parsippany, NJ 07054 Meeting Location: By Appointment Only (973) 310-5320 view details
Philadelphia1845 Walnut Street 19th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19103(215) 523-6900view details
Montgomery County516 DeKalb Street Suite C Norristown, PA 19401(610) 924-2870view details
Doylestown123 N Broad Street, Doylestown, PA 18901(267) 938-4480view details
Abington1147 Easton Road, Abington PA 19001(610) 890-4833view details
West Chester203 W. Chestnut St., Suite 204
West Chester, PA. 19380
(610) 431-4012view details
schedule a consultation Today
Contact Us Fill out the form or call us today (866) 465-5395