Doylestown Family Law Attorneys
When you’re facing a family law issue, trying to learn about the next steps and gather the right resources can make the entire endeavor feel overwhelming. Our Doylestown Family Law Attorneys are here to help.
Petrelli Previtera has helped hundreds of individuals and families navigate the hurdles of their family law cases. We work hard to ensure our clients reach every step as efficiently and smoothly as possible. Our representation is comprehensive, from asset division to spousal support, child custody and support, to future order modifications and more.
Petrelli Previtera is a top divorce and family law firm that serves individuals in Doylestown, PA and throughout the Commonwealth. If you’re facing a family-related legal matter, we can help. Our family law attorneys in Doylestown give our clients the information they need to make the right decisions every step of the way. We welcome you to call or schedule a meeting online to talk with a member of our team today.
123 N Broad Street, Doylestown, PA 18901
Comprehensive Family Law Services
Divorce involves more than dividing marital assets. Our firm’s practice areas in Pennsylvania include:
- Adoption: We can help you navigate the complex adoption process with practical legal advice.
- Child Custody: Our firm focuses on your child’s best interests when advocating for the right custody arrangements.
- Child Support: We will ensure your children receive the financial support they need.
- Court Order Modification: If circumstances change in the future, we can request that the court terminate or modify an alimony, child support, or child custody order.
- Divorce: Petrelli Previtera is experienced in both uncontested and contested divorce. We will protect your rights as you divide your assets.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: We can draft a document to protect your assets in the event of a divorce down the road.
- Spousal Support: Our family law attorneys understand the legal criteria that comes into play regarding spousal support. We work to establish a fair and workable agreement.
Why Choose Petrelli Previtera to Represent You
- We are on your side.
- Our success and growth as a firm has earned us a spot on Inc. 5000.
- We stay focused on you, your needs, and your results throughout your Pennsylaniva family law case.
- Understanding you and your unique situation is critical to our practice. That way, we can provide the highest level of personalized legal expertise.
- Your peace of mind begins with our initial consultation. We aim for the best possible outcome and a positive overall experience. That goal applies to lengthy or tedious family law cases as well.
- We have an office located at your convenience in Doylestown, PA.
- Each lawyer in our prestigious law firm is an aggressive litigator and negotiator.
- We have earned plenty of positive online reviews across Birdeye, Yelp, Lawyers.com, and more. Our track record speaks for itself.
When you want the best representation, advocacy, and result in your Doylestown family law case, call Petrelli Previtera at (267) 938-4480. You can schedule an in-person or online consultation with one of our team members. Let’s start working towards a resolution today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Family Law in Doylestown, PA
What steps do I have to go through for my divorce to be successful?
In general, these are the steps in a typical divorce process:
- The spouse who initiates the divorce proceeding (called the plaintiff) completes the required forms.
- The plaintiff then files these forms in court.
- A legal adult (18 or older) who is not involved in the case serves the other spouse (the defendant) with copies of the court paperwork.
- The defendant decides how they would like to handle the divorce case. They can choose a response with the court or work out an amicable agreement with the plaintiff.
- If the defendant chooses to respond to the petition, they need to complete the necessary paperwork and then file them with the court clerk.
- Someone who’s not involved in the case will serve the plaintiff a copy of the defendant’s court forms.
- Each side will exchange financial documents that declare what they own and their debts. This process is meant to help both spouses divide everything equitably.
- The couple will have to put the terms of their separation in a legally binding contract called a divorce settlement agreement.
- The couple will then submit the agreement to a judge, and if it meets the state’s requirements for fairness, the judge will sign it to allow the couple to become legally divorced.
How much does divorce cost in PA?
The cost of divorce ranges depending on a variety of factors. In general, the less contested the proceeding, the less expensive it will be. At Petrelli Previtera, we encourage settlement first. We believe that nearly every divorce case is a few conversations away from a fair and conclusive settlement.
Who determines a child custody arrangement in Doylestown, PA?
Most family courts in the country prefer that separating or divorcing parents reach an amicable agreement on their own or with the help of a mediator or arbitrator. Doing so often saves both parents time and money that would have otherwise been spent in court. It also typically leaves both parties feeling satisfied with the final arrangement. However, if the parents can’t decide on how best to allocate custody and visitation, a judge will award custody based on the best interests of the child.
Schedule an Appointment Online
You only have one shot to choose a skilled and experienced family law attorney, and we know there is much at stake. That’s why we offer a comprehensive, one-on-one consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss your case. During this meeting, you can tell us about your situation, goals and concerns, and our attorneys will advise you about your legal options. When you have the knowledge you need, you’ll be able to take the right steps toward resolution.
Our Doylestown family law attorneys accommodate clients by offering flexible meeting times. Many questions will arise as you navigate the process. That’s why we have structured our office hours to include meetings during the weekend and evenings. We are here for you when you need us.
Providing great legal representation goes beyond accessibility. It’s also about helping clients make informed decisions for their future. To get started discussing your family law needs, contact us at (267) 938-4480 or schedule a meeting online.