Rest Easier Knowing Your Family and Business’s Future is Secure
In all your years as a parent, entrepreneur, spouse, investor, or small business owner, you have learned two things:
- The future is always uncertain. Your younger self could never have anticipated the many changes that life has brought both to your fortune and circumstances.
- While you can’t know what the future holds, you can make effective plans to deal with unexpected change. You can take steps to protect your assets from any changes the future may bring. In fact, the risk is greatest if you don’t act now to secure your future.
You have worked to build your business or to grow your estate for your heirs. However, without careful planning, you could lose the value of your hard-earned assets to taxes, lawsuits, or even the squandering behavior of someone you can’t trust.
Worrying about the future can keep you awake at nights. For your own peace of mind and for the wellbeing of your family, turn to Petrelli Law, P.C., a proven Philadelphia estate planning law firm, to set your future on the right course and give you the assurance you need today.
Estate Planning Services Will Help You Rest Easy
Many people fail to plan for the future because they don’t know that planning techniques exist to protect their assets. The estate planning attorneys at Petrelli Law help Pennsylvania families to achieve greater financial security by carefully anticipating future needs and changes. We work with our clients to create a customized estate plan that will protect assets throughout their lives and beyond.
Don’t Let Your Financial Future Crumble Due to an Unexpected Event
The death of a spouse, a bankruptcy, a divorce, or a remarriage—all these are common life events, but the consequences can be disastrous. If these types of changes are not anticipated and planned for, family members can be thrown from comfort to poverty overnight.
Joyous occasions can also affect your future. A new grandson, a second marriage, the creation of a business—you will need to update your estate plan to accommodate these changes as well. An updated estate plan will ensure that your loved ones continue to benefit from your benefit from your hard work.
The Petrelli Law Firm will help you modify your estate plan as your circumstances change over the years:
- Wills. If you have a spouse or children, it is important that you plan for their future wellbeing by preparing a will. If you do not have a will, Pennsylvania law will determine what happens to your children, your money, and your estate after you die. Your intentions and plans will not matter.
- Trusts. Establishing a trust can ensure that the assets you transfer to your heirs are used for good purposes. Trusts also offer unique tax advantages and can be used to meet special needs of family members. But trusts are not as flexible as wills when conditions change; they may not be appropriate for all estates.
- Estate planning. You’ve worked hard to ensure your family’s security. Now, you must protect your assets from overzealous tax collectors, creditors, and potential lawsuits. Careful planning will reduce the risk that your hard-earned net worth will be seized from your family and friends. Estate planning can also ensure that your last years are lived with dignity if you are disabled by an injury or a medical condition.
Estate Planning is for Everyone
It is never too early to think about the future. Failing to have a plan in place can result in your assets passing to unintended beneficiaries, legal fees, probate costs, and custody battles. Estate planning will give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your family is protected.
Protecting your Pennsylvania estate or business interests should not be approached casually. At the same time, life is uncertain and estate planning should not be delayed. Our Philadelphia estate planning lawyers will work with you to protect your family’s inheritance and future. To schedule a confidential consultation, please contact Petrelli Law at (215) 523-6900.