Meet Thomas J. Petrelli, Philadelphia Family Law Attorney
His goal is to help families of all shapes and sizes thrive despite the legal and financial difficulties that arise from divorce, child custody disputes, and domestic violence. Tom prides himself in being adaptable to each individual situation. He works tirelessly to find workable solutions for is clients, regardless of whether he is working on the fair distribution of assets in a divorce or on legal protection for a victim of abuse.
Mr. Petrelli is a trial attorney with a LLM in trial advocacy from Temple University’s James E. Beasley School of Law. This means that he has the experience needed to provide representation for cases which go to trial, including custody cases and complex divorces. However, Tom also has a strong background in mediation. He is the owner of Divorce Done Right, a mediation company that offers solutions for families who want a peaceful resolution to divorce and custody issues.
Tom has built his reputation handling high asset divorces. Petrelli Law offers a premier divorce representation services for clients with contentious divorces. However, not all divorces are contentious. Tom also offers a flat-fee Flash divorce for couples who are on a tight budget with few disputes. He has also worked to increase online access to simple legal procedure through a website that provides access to Pennsylvania divorce forms and tools for those who prefer a do-it-yourself option for no-fault divorce.
Tom has received several national and peer-reviewed awards, including being named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer every year since 2009. Tom has been recognized by his peers for his creative solutions to family law matters and is a recurring guest speaker on divorce and family law at the People’s Law School.
- LLM, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA
- Juris Doctor, Vermont Law School, S. Royalton, VT
- Master of Studies in Environmental Law, Vermont Law School S. Royalton, VT
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Named to the “National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40” list published by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Superb AVVO Rating of 10
- Selected for inclusion to Pennsylvania Rising Star Super Lawyers® in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- Selected for inclusion to Pennsylvania Rising Star Super Lawyers® in 2015 and 2016
- Recognized in Who’s Who of American Lawyers: 2006 -2009
- Voted to Arrival Magazine’s Top 50 Family Lawyers in Northeast: 2010, 2011
- Named in Suburban Life Magazine’s Awesome Attorneys – Divorce and Family Law: 2010
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Member, PBA Statutory Law Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Real Estate Law Section and
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Nicholas J. Cipriani Family Law Inn of Court
- Justinian Society
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey