Meet Sara Cohen, Family Law Attorney
Sara B. Cohen has spent her entire legal career practicing family law. Her attentiveness to each individual client ensures they never feel like they’ve been forgotten or brushed aside. Emphasizing this importance throughout her practice has made Sara a reliable, focused and detail-oriented advocate. She brings the determination to resolve each legal matter efficiently and successfully.
As her clients navigate the most difficult moments of their lives, Sara gives them the advice and counsel they need to feel secure in their decisions and to achieve the best outcome. Every case is equally important to Sara — whether she is representing a divorcing spouse looking to efficiently divide a few assets, or she is working with the parent of a large family in a contested custody battle. She remains deeply involved in the day-to-day management of her cases from the initial consultation to filing the final agreement.
Sara graduated with her bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University New Brunswick and her law degree from Rutgers School of Law. During law school, Sara honed her legal research and management skills while serving as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Women’s Rights Law Reporter, the first legal periodical in the U.S. to focus exclusively on the field of women’s rights law. In that role, she supervised a staff of 20 to 30 students and spearheaded the publication of four volumes of the journal each year.
Prior to joining Petrelli Previtera, Sara worked at a New Jersey family law firm, first as a summer law clerk and then as an associate attorney after she passed the Bar. Sara served as a summer judicial intern for the Honorable Teresa A. Kondrup-Coyle, J.S.C. She is admitted to practice in New Jersey and is available by appointment at Petrelli Previtera’s Princeton and Voorhees office locations.
Outside her legal work, Sara is an avid supporter of animal rescue efforts and spends her spare time volunteering for local rescue organizations.
- Juris Doctor, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey School of Law – Newark, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts, Rutgers University New Brunswick, 2012
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Family Law Section and Young Lawyer’s Division
- Ocean County Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey, 2016
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- When Sexting Turns to Violence, N.J. Family Lawyer (2016).
- The Global Struggle for LGBTQ Rights: Legal, Political, and Social Dimensions (2015).
- Have Your Cake and Eat it Too: How Paid Maternity Leave in The United States Could End The Choice Between Career & Motherhood. Women’s Rights Law Reporter (2015).